Time required: 2 Hours
Follow along with the video to explore how environment and shell variables are set and referenced on a Linux system.
In this lab, you will be presented with a CentOS 6 server. Use this to follow along with the concepts relating to environment and shell variables and files covered in the accompanying video or guide.
1. Display all variables and their settings
2. Display only shell related variables and settings
3. Display only environment variables and settings
4. Explore the current values of key environment variables
5. Change environment variables correctly and observe their new values
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.