Time required: 2 Hours
Understand how to create/update a repository for a custom source.
In this lab, we practice creating and updating a repository for a custom source.
1. su to root.
2. Create a folder called repo-original.
3. Go to the /etc/yum.repos.d folder.
4. Copy the contents of the yum.repos.d folder into the /root/repo-original directory.
5. Delete all files in the /etc/yum.repos.d folder.
6. Try and install the elinks package via yum. (It should fail with no package available.)
7. Create a new file called other-base.repo and configure it in a way that it uses the following information.