Time required: 2 Hours
Understand how to create/update a repository for a custom source.
In this lab, we practice creating and updating a repository for a custom source.
1. su to root.
2. Create a folder called repo-original.
3. Go to the /etc/yum.repos.d folder.
4. Copy the contents of the yum.repos.d folder into the /root/repo-original directory.
5. Delete all files in the /etc/yum.repos.d folder.
6. Try and install the elinks package via yum. (It should fail with no package available.)
7. Create a new file called other-base.repo and configure it in a way that it uses the following information.
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.