Time required: 1 Hours
Exploring using GPG keys for added security when installing a file.
To understand how to examine the gpg keys used for installing software.
1. Examine what GPG keys are installed on the system with rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*
2. Select a GPG key from the list installed.
3. Check the GPG key version.
4. Check the group it belongs to.
5. Look at the version number of the key.
6. Check all the keys to see if they have md5 sums.
7. Perform an update of all software on the system.
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.