Time required: 2 Hours
Use the three primary partitioning tools to create a variety of partitions on multiple devices.
In this lab, we will be using three different partitioning tools on a single CentOS instance to create a variety of partitions of various sizes on multiple devices. As part of this image, you will have three additional disks, 20 GB in size each, available for use.
1. List all available disk devices on the system
2. Explore disk device names and where they exists on the filesystem
3. Use the fdisk partition tool to create one or more partitions on a disk
4. Use the gdisk partition tool to create one or more partitions on a disk
5. Use the parted partition tool to create one or more partitions on a disk
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.