Time required: 1 Hours
Use the setuid for an executable.
In this lab, we use the setuid for an executable.
1. Create a shell script that says "hello".
2. Examine the file's properties.
3. Create a new user called bill on the server.
4. Create a folder called /marketing.
5. Copy the shell script to the folder marketing.
6. Work out what is required for the shell script to be able to be run by the user bill but with the user called user's permissions.
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.