Time required: 2 Hours
Use the yum package manager to install packages and dependencies on a CentOS 6 system, as well as understand how repositories work in CentOS distributions.
In this lab, we will be walking through the CentOS distribution usage and configuration of repositories, as well as using the yum package manager to install software and dependencies.
1. Locate and explore the directories where repository information is stored
2. Practice enabling and disabling repositories and updating the system to observe changed behavior
3. Locate and view the package manager's log
4. Use the package manager to download software and dependencies
5. Understand the different methods of removing software
6. Explore other features related to package management