Time required: 2 Hours
Explore and work with the dynamic linker configuration for shared libraries on a CentOS 6 system.
In this lab, you will be presented with a single CentOS 6 system. The goal is to use this environment to follow along with and explore the dynamic linker and shared libraries demonstration in the video.
1. Explore the default system locations for shared libraries
2. Using the 'ldd' tool to show which libraries are required for the indicated application
3. Understand the library configuration file and directories
4. Use the 'ldconfig' tool to update changes made to the library configuration file
5. Display and make changes to the environment variable used to provide additional library locations