Time required: 2 Hours
Explore and work with the dynamic linker configuration for shared libraries on a CentOS 6 system.
In this lab, you will be presented with a single CentOS 6 system. The goal is to use this environment to follow along with and explore the dynamic linker and shared libraries demonstration in the video.
1. Explore the default system locations for shared libraries
2. Using the 'ldd' tool to show which libraries are required for the indicated application
3. Understand the library configuration file and directories
4. Use the 'ldconfig' tool to update changes made to the library configuration file
5. Display and make changes to the environment variable used to provide additional library locations
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.