Time required: 3 Hours
NOTE: In labs where you are provided with TWO Lab Servers for these scenarios, you will only see the public and private IPs for ONE of them. You must use the displayed public IP to connect to BOTH servers. Server one will be displayed, in order to SSH to server two, you must connect first to the public IP on server one and then SSH from there to the private IP for server two (see example in the videos and guide). Again, this will ONLY apply to scenarios where you have two lab servers involved (which you will be told in your Lab Guide document as well as the first scenarion video).
In this lab, you will follow the course objective for deploying an OpenLDAP server and configuring an LDAP client to test it against.
In this lab, we will download and install the legacy OpenLDAP client and server that is tested on the LPIC-1 exam.
1. Install OpenLDAP server software
2. Explore the server configuration files
3. Create a basic configuration for the directory
4. Create LDIF files to add an OU
5. Create LDIF files to add records
6. Explore OpenLDAP commands to import LDIF files to the directory
7. Use client commands to access, update, and delete records in the directory server