Time required: 3 Hours
In this lab, you will deploy an NFS server, create shares, and then learn to mount them manually and automatically based on course objectives.
NOTE: In labs where you are provided with TWO Lab Servers for these scenarios, you will only see the public and private IPs for ONE of them. You must use the displayed public IP to connect to BOTH servers. Server one will be displayed, in order to SSH to server two, you must connect first to the public IP on server one and then SSH from there to the private IP for server two (see example in the videos and guide). Again, this will ONLY apply to scenarios where you have two lab servers involved (which you will be told in your Lab Guide document as well as the first scenarion video).
1. Install and configure NFS server software
2. Explore the NFS server configuration files
3. Disable SELinux (not an LPIC-2 objective)
4. Enable and start the server process
5. Install and configure client utilities
6. Create mount point on our client and test mount the share
7. Add persisitant configuration so the share is mounted on reboot of the client