Time required: 3 Hours
In this lab, you will follow the course objectives in deploying and then testing a SAMBA server.
This lab will allow us to install and configure SAMBA shares and test their connection.
1. Install and configure Samba server software
2. Explore the Samba server configuration files
3. Add Samba users and passwords for accessing the shares
4. Disable SELinux (not an LPIC-2 objective)
5. Enable and start the server process
6. Verify the service shows our workgroup as available
7. Install and configure client utilities
8. Create mount point on our client and test mount the share
9. Add persisitant configuration so the share is mounted on reboot of the client