Time required: 3 Hours
NOTE: In labs where you are provided with TWO Lab Servers for these scenarios, you will only see the public and private IPs for ONE of them. You must use the displayed public IP to connect to BOTH servers. Server one will be displayed, in order to SSH to server two, you must connect first to the public IP on server one and then SSH from there to the private IP for server two (see example in the videos and guide). Again, this will ONLY apply to scenarios where you have two lab servers involved (which you will be told in your Lab Guide document as well as the first scenarion video).
Here we will be deploying a Squid Forward Proxy server and using an external web client system to test that it is caching web pages.
In this lab, we will provision and configure a simple Squid proxy server and test it with a client.
1. Install Squid Proxy server software
2. Walk through the configuration and make appropriate changes
3. Enable and start the service
4. Install and configure a web client for proxy use
5. Use the client web browser to verify functionality
6. Stop and start the service to understand the various errors and what they mean