Time required: 2 Hours
In this lab, you will be able to practice configuring Logical Volumes.
You will be presented with a single server containing an additional (3) drives of 20gb each. You are asked to:
1. Configure the devices as physical volumes available for LVM use
2. Create a volume group from (2) of the devices
3. Extend that volume group to include the third device
4. Create a 500mb filesystem from the Volume Group created
5. Extend that filesystem (live)
6. Mount and copy files to that filesystem
7. Unmount and reduce the filesystem
8. Verify data is intact
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.