Time required: 5 Hours
The objective of this lab is to help you get familiar with the Puppet DSL and creating modules.
In this lab you will create an NTP Puppet module using the Puppet DSL.
1. Edit /etc/hosts
2. Set selinux to permissive.
3. Install the Puppet master.
4. Configure your agent node.
5. Create a NTP module.
6. It should have a params, install, conf and service class.
7. Test you module on your agent node by executing a Puppet run against the master.
8. Debug any issue with your module.
9. Check your code into GitHub. You will neeed it for later.
We have the longest and most in depth courses about cloud and engineering topics on the web. All of our training content is included with every membership.
© Linux Academy. All rights reserved.
Pinehead® and the Linux Academy logo® is the registered trademark of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.