chown: invalid user nfsnobody:nfsnobody in RHEL

any pointer on  the issues while creating mount point for Rhel box please? I am doing the prep course for OpenShift PASS EX280. Also do I need to register(subscription-manager register) this box (only used for mounting nfs) before performing any steps, I intend to practice only persistent volume chapter in this box. Please let me know.
  • post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    01-20-2019

Do you have  the user "nfsnobody"? You can check in the /etc/passwd

• post-author-pic
    amitabha_nath
    01-20-2019

Thanks Ermin, I see the user is availble however the group information is not available. so I guess that is causing the error as I am mentioning 'chown nfsnobody:nfsnobody'. Will try with only the user nfsnobody  wthout the group. Will it be ok ?

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-21-2019

You can also 'addgroup' nfsnobody if you have the user, then use 'usermod' to add nfsnobody to the group (or anyone else you want to have those group permissions).

• post-author-pic
    amitabha_nath
    01-21-2019

Thank you very much, after i installed nfs-utils all worked...

• post-author-pic
    amitabha_nath
    01-21-2019

@tcox now I get a new error while mounting the nfs in destination (openshift node) box. The error is (mount.nfs: No router to host). I was able to create the mount in the source box(nfs server) & was able to do 'showmount -e' successfully by following the steps from the video ex280 paas prep course. can you please suggest? 

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More