Passed my Professional Cloud Architect exam!

I just (yesterday) passed my Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect exam.

It has been a long and quite hard way until achieving this, and the Linux Academy courses have been a really valuable resource. Thanks to all the great explanations of Matthew I could focus on the most important sections, and I got some questions quickly answered withouth thinking thanks to the tips he provided during the course.

To all the other brave ones out there:

1. This is a difficult exam, but it IS achievable. Keep going!
  2. The exam is a mile wide and an inch deep... but sometimes you may find a deeper hole. Pay attention to the details and WORDING of the questions and most of the times you can discard 2 of the answers, even on those questions you initially may not have a clue.
  3. Reviewing the case studies is fundamental, I got around 10 questions based on the THREE cases, so 1/5 of my grade was directly dependant on the case studies.

4. Get hands-on practice on GCP (DO THE LABS!) and read all the documentation you can. I recommend reading the best practices docs for the services and products.

5. Networks: Cloud VPN/Router. You think you know it? Good, now go back and study it all again (and practice it). Are you done? Do it again.

Finally, for those willing to go the extra mile, if you have enough time (and can afford it) Google also provides their own online (paid) training courses and some extra resources.

• The Linux Academy courses are a great direct and complete approach to GCP, clearly focused on learning and building using the main tools from GCP, specially those that will be covered on the real exam. If you are preparing for the certification or are on a tight schedule to come to grips with GCP, the LA courses from Matthew are perfectly suited. However, some very obscure details that may appear in a few exam questions will not be directly covered in the courses, and will require you studying the Google documentation.
  • The official Google course will provide you with a thorough comprehension of all GCP. It is really valuable for getting the most out of every service and is really good at setting your mind towards how to design and architect for the cloud, BUT is not the best to prepare solely for the certification (tons of info and practice, not exclusively focused on the exam) and takes quite some time to complete and digest it all.
  • Although may not seem directly related, if your goal is learning how to become a great architect (and you are a lucky one with plenty of time), read the SRE book (https://landing.google.com/sre/) that will give you a great view about how to make things "the Google way". There is a free book (theory) and a paid one (practice).

Good luck to everyone!

• post-author-pic
    Anuraag D
    01-17-2019

Congrats on your achievement! 

thanks for the suggestions

• post-author-pic
    Tia W
    01-17-2019

Great job!  Thanks for the feedback.

• post-author-pic
    Stosh O
    01-17-2019

Great feedback!  Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Tony S
    01-17-2019

Well done, Hector!  Your hard work has paid off!  Thank you for sharing your experience!

• post-author-pic
    Elle K
    01-17-2019

Congratulations, Hector! Awesome work and thank you for sharing!

• post-author-pic
    Michael M
    01-17-2019

Way to go!

• post-author-pic
    Gary M
    01-17-2019

Excellent work and congrats!!!

• post-author-pic
    Johnna W
    01-17-2019

How cool is this?  Thank you for the feedback and congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    John M
    01-17-2019

Congratulations and thanks for feedback.

• post-author-pic
    Kenneth A
    01-17-2019

Well done, Hector! Great feedback, too!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew P
    01-17-2019

Congrats again! Thanks for the great feedback and encouragement!

• post-author-pic
    Shawn J
    01-17-2019

Great feedback! Congratulations on your accomplishment!

• post-author-pic
    Ashley E
    01-17-2019

Awesome news! Love your encouragement and enthusiasm.

• post-author-pic
    Jason C
    01-17-2019

Great work Hector, congratulations and thanks for the great feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Eric F
    01-17-2019

Congrats, and thanks for the feedback.

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    01-17-2019

Thanks for the awesome review and congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    01-17-2019

Awesome feedback and congrats on the pass!

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-17-2019

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and congratulations on your successful certification!

• post-author-pic
    Justin M
    01-17-2019

Great feedback! Thanks for providing that! Congrats on your amazing accomplishment!

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    01-17-2019

Congrats and thanks for the feedback.

• post-author-pic
    Broadus P
    01-17-2019

Thank you for the feedback!! 

• post-author-pic
    Broadus P
    01-17-2019

Congrats!!

• post-author-pic
    Bob S
    01-17-2019

Nicely done Hector, congrats! Thanks for the great feedback as well, it will help others who follow in your footsteps!

• post-author-pic
    Steven G
    01-17-2019

Congrats, Hector and thank you for the feedback! 

• post-author-pic
    Myles Y
    01-17-2019

Great job and grat feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Will B
    01-17-2019

Great work, Hector!!!

• post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    01-17-2019

Thank you so much for the feedback, this is invaluable to us. And congratulations!!!

• post-author-pic
    Keith T
    01-17-2019

Congratulations!

• post-author-pic
    Rebecca S
    01-17-2019

Nice work!!

• post-author-pic
    Patrick S
    01-17-2019

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-18-2019

Congratulations !

I’d love to endorse/recommend you on LinkedIn if you want. All you have to do is add me as a connection. Once you do that, post a picture of your cert in your feed and reference me within the original post. Once I see this, I’ll be able to recommend you for your hard work on your LinkedIn profile.

Thanks,

Anthony

Founder/CEO LinuxAcademy.com

PS - To celebrate your success, I’m awarding you some gems! Visit our Gems-for-Swag store and score some awesome Linux Academy swag!

• post-author-pic
    Treva W
    01-18-2019

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Kimmy H
    01-18-2019

Congrats again, Hector! Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback!

• post-author-pic
    Michael H
    01-22-2019

Congrats!

• post-author-pic
    Ell M
    01-23-2019

Congrats! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for everyone.

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    01-25-2019

Congrats Hector, and thank you for the feedback. Know that it is being acted upon.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More