Certified Kubernetes Admin (CKA)

I was trying to install Docker-ce, kubelet, kubeadm, kubectl , i was getting below error. can you help me. 

user@chaithu2221:~$ sudo apt-get install -y docker-ce=18.06.1~ce~3-0~ubuntu kubelet=1.12.2-00 kubeadm=1.12.2-00 kubectl=1.12.2-00

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

kubelet : Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~) but 1.14ubuntu1 is to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-16-2019

Do you by chance have the kernel and/or kernel-library updates excluded on that system? Sometimes Docker version updates rely on sharing libraries and when they cannot be installed/are unavailable, that will preclude your installation of that version of Docker engine.

• post-author-pic
    Krishna Chaithanya I
    01-16-2019

No i dont change any dafaults, just start up the ubuntu server LTS, adding these docker and kubenetes repos, trying to install docker and kube utilities, prior to this i was doing  apt-get update, 

• post-author-pic
    Will B
    01-17-2019

I believe this error comes up if you are using Ubuntu 14, which is an old version. Try using a newer version of Ubuntu, like 16.04 LTS or newer. If you are using our cloud playground, I recommend the image called "Ubuntu 18.05 Bionic Beaver LTS". Let me know if you have any other issues or questions!

• post-author-pic
    Krishna Chaithanya I
    01-17-2019

sure, one last question, how do i access cloud-play ground. 

• post-author-pic
    Thomas H
    01-17-2019

@chaithu222 Look on the top navigation bar - there is a button called "Playground". 

• post-author-pic
    Krishna Chaithanya I
    01-25-2019

thanks, i am good now, 

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More