AZ-100 Course

Hi Folks,

I have subscripton to LA, Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning, Opsgility, O'Reilly and to certain courses in Udemy.  I would love to recommed LA to my friends and family as I find it more useful than my other subscriptions. However, all of them have launced AZ-100 and AZ-101 course modules.

I feel like LA should have these courses as soon as possible. I work in Microsoft and 90% of my friends are going to attend AZ-100. Since we have Pluralsight and O'Reilly available for free most of them are using it. Having said that, I personally don't like the way the have provided the course materials.

I would love to see these courses in LA.  @anthony  may I know the ETA for these courses? In one of your LinkedIn posts you have mentioned LA will launch this soon. Since Azure is booming these days, I think many people would like to see these courses.

#az100 #az101 #azure #LA
  • post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-09-2019

Hi!

We were in the middle of launching a TON of content and then 2 months ago microsoft threw away all their azure certification and announced new AZ certs. We immediately started work on it. Remember, at Linux Academy you get practice exams, interactive diagrams, hands-on labs, instructor help, and continuous content updates. We have added four Azure training architects on the team and will be launching new Azure certifications this month at our live shows!

The only down side is on December 28th two of the certs we were working on that were "beta" were canceled by microsoft and rolled into a different exam. We have been making those changes as well. However, we will be launching Azure content this month and only increasing as the year goes on!

We would have had a lot more out sooner if Microsoft didn't make those exam changes and as drastic as they did. It takes us about 3 months to build content with all those premium features you only get at Linux Academy like Interactive diagrams, hands-on labs and note cards.

Keep in mind, those sites you mentioned don't build content the same way. they don't come with the same features, and it takes us a bit longer to buildmore than power point brain dumps.

Also, if you take a look at the very top announcement on the site, or the middle one about our January content updates we have already announced Azure is coming this month. So everything you have wished for is arriving at Linux Academy.

Thank you,

Anthony

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-09-2019

We also sent out a mass email about azure updates this month as well as I posted on twitter all about it :) @anthonydjames. Curious if there is any other way we could communicate this so everyone knows?

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-09-2019

Hi Rithin!

As Anthony put, we are working hard on the content. But there are a number of things that make our content more reliable, effective and robust than our competition. Let me take just one example from your list, Pluralsight.

Their AZ-100 offering is 17 total videos, taught by 8 different people. They range from 1-2 hours each and the time of creation is from Aug. of last year until mid-December... I have not taken the content, so cannot speak to quality or coverage of topics. However, when complete, our course will have well over 60 videos, it is taught by one instructor, has interactive and hands-on labs (including real console access to Azure resources - at no cost to you), flash cards, interactive diagrams and a practice exam.

As you might imagine, that takes time to craft in a way that provides the quality everyone expects out of us. We are constantly working on efficiencies that can help accelerate our development, but we will never compromise the quality and features of our course material in order to simply be first to market. We value our student success too much.

• post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    01-09-2019

I would like to second what Terry stated and add that Linuxacademy courses are vetted, and people who make them are industry professionals whose credentials have been checked. The course content is also checked and verified always by more then one industry professional.
    We produce quality courses whose content you can trust!

• post-author-pic
    Rithin S
    01-10-2019

Microsoft started to put this in their certification portal like from October end and I believe the extended to EOL date for Azure exams to somewhere around July. I will confirm that. 

Yeah I totally agree that and that is the reason why I am sticking to LA even though I have free subscriptions to others. 

@anthony  I saw the LinkedIn post. I will share that. 

Sorry I wasn’t complaining, I just wanted my favourite school to be at the top when compared to other services out there. I know it requires a huge effort to setup the sessions and create virtual environments. Even for a basic course material, I was struggling to create the contents and I can  totally understand how hard is it create a broad course like AZ100. 

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-10-2019

I'm curious, they put it on the certfication protal in october. How long do you think it takes to build the course with 100% objective coverage, hands-on labs, interactive diagrams, practice exams and flash cards and during a holiday season?

As we have said before we build courses in three month sprints. We started in october, it finished on December 31 and is going through our qa processes for launch this month.

Quote frankly since the quality will be so much higher than any place you quoted in your original post I think that's pretty good.

Not to mention the fact we are launching two of the certs and not just one and ours have real hands-on labs that we have to build and deploy not just power points.

Building content isn't just sitting down and spewing down information, you have to have instructional design, understand the exam, ensure we cover everything, build the standards.

Quite frankly the fact they got it done so quickly is amazing and it is better than any other provider out there. I promise you not one of them will cover all the objectives. I'm pretty sure pluralsigh and orielly have no practice exams either. 

You have gotta compare the quality, it's not just having it on your site, is it good and help you be successful? 

Our team deserves major credit here because it's better than all of them and we focus on quality not first to market.

• post-author-pic
    Adrian C
    01-10-2019

I think the problem, is that if you look at what content is available right now ... its pretty light.. and a lot of it is a rehash of the previous certification streams - LA is not taking that approach, we are developing all new content, in house, complete with Hands-On learning activities, it takes time.

You won't have to wait much longer, and I promise it will be worth it :)

• post-author-pic
    Rithin S
    01-10-2019

@anthony  By October mid(to the best of my knowledge), in the certification portal  (you have to open the 533 and 532 page) they have mentioned that the these exams will be retired by December 31st and I believe they have extended the dates for now.

For your reference:  Build Azure, states that it was announced in Sepetember and from a post listed in Linux Academy on October 10.

I totally agree with the quality of the courses that LA is providing and I love LA becuase of this sole reason. 

My point was as these courses were launched, many people started to take these certifications. So if LA is not launching the courses atleast now people might migrate to other services. Also from a sales point of view, if a noobie searches for AZ-100 they might not subscribe LA as you didn't had the course.

To answer your question: "How long do you think it takes to build the course with 100% objective coverage, hands-on labs, interactive diagrams, practice exams and flash cards and during a holiday season?"

I know it requires a lot of effort to deliver content and the load increases if you have to setup virtual envs as well. I used to take AWS trainings for IaaS, so I know how hard it is.

Secondly, "I'm pretty sure pluralsigh and orielly have no practice exams either."
    Yes you are right :)

And finally, "You have gotta compare the quality, it's not just having it on your site, is it good and help you be successful?"

I totally agree to that, prior to taking COA from LA, I tried another provided the entire 19hr course was just 5hrs in there. The quality of the courses in LA is different than any other provider out there, I can say that. Also, I really appreciate what you guys are doing :)

As it is launched now, I will take it now :)

• post-author-pic
    Anthony J
    01-10-2019

My point is, you have to give us more than 2 months to complete the course, or else you will be upset it's poor quality like those other ones.

I get what you are saying about having it, but you those other services won't get you successful and you will be upset over that. We won't short our students just to make a sale, it's against our core values.

We pivoted and started development, literally the day  it was announced. 

• post-author-pic
    Rithin S
    01-10-2019

I got it :) 

• post-author-pic
    Jason J
    01-10-2019

I have been subscribed  for courses in Udemy as well. I enjoyed courses, ran by real professionals. Information short and concise. Currently I am subscribed for  https://essaydune.com/pay-for-essay/ course.

• post-author-pic
    Rithin S
    01-10-2019

From my personal experience,

I had the Openstack course from Udemy and it was a complete waste of time. The contents in Linux Academy is updated as per the syllabus of the certification.  Since the had 30 days money back guarantee I just claimed my money back and took the course from LA. 

Udemy was talking about Openstack Neutron while the exam was in Openstack Pike. Secondly setting up Openstack labs is very hard especially using Devstack. I had to keep a VM in Virtual box to study for the exam. When I switched to LA, all I had to do was simply click on Playground and deploy. 

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More