Security+ Prep Course

If you plan just to watch the lectures and do the few learning activities you will have difficulties passing. I did not pass. The course needs to be updated. It needs a better hands learning activities and the prep exam needs to be more realistic.
  • post-author-pic
    Chad C
    01-04-2019

Thank you for the feedback! 

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    01-05-2019

Hi Michael,

Although we did have some restrictions with the labs we could offer at the time (security tools and scanning being what they are), we should have those limitations resolved shortly that will enable us to add additional activities (labs) to help with the hands-on component.

I would love your feedback on the questions you experienced and how they did or did not match those in the course (obviously in general terms, we are not asking you to violate any NDA). I am also asking the content creator to chime in here so we can work to make this course better!

• post-author-pic
    Justin M
    01-05-2019

Hi Michael,

First off, I hate to hear that you were unable to pass the exam. Just to echo what Terry mentioned, we did have the restrictions with the labs, so hoping to release some additional hands-on labs in the not too distant future.

I also would love to get with you on your feedback on the exam questions, though. It's our mission to provide the best training possible to you, the students, and so any feedback that you can offer would be fantastic. I'm going to email you so that we can take this conversation offline, so be on the lookout for that.   

We definitely appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,

Justin

• post-author-pic
    Michael W
    01-05-2019

There were questions based on how to do something and a bunch of scenarios. One needs to know how to troubleshoot more than answer multiple choice. 

The practice test questions on the Prep course, were too simple (for a lack of a better word). Some of the multiple choice options on the prep course were i.e. Linux Academy, which was an obvious wrong answer. 

I also used study guides outside of LA, which helped me, but not enough. Think about what really is in a data center and/or an actual office and the security needed to protect equipment.

I hope that helps.

• post-author-pic
    Justin M
    01-05-2019

Thanks again for the feedback, Mike! It is definitely appreciated. I will following up via email, so be on the lookout for that. I really do appreciate anything you can offer that’ll help make the student’s experience more worthwhile! Appreciate you!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More