Kvm guest from lan

Hi i am trying to access my kvm guest from lan, the vm get internet and can ssh from host, but how i access it from lan ? Can any one help me out.
  • post-author-pic
    Sean G
    12-13-2018

Depends on how you have the network configured. Do you have it setup with  NAT so the VM has it's IP from the router? I believe this is generally the default and most likely one. If this is the case, your VM should have a private IP on your local network. You can ssh to that address.

• post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    12-14-2018

If you are running a default network set up, you can either set up network forwarding or attack a NIC to the VM or you can change the configuration of the VM for direct connection.

• post-author-pic
    parthadeb2004-ae0567db
    12-14-2018

Thanks for reply Sean G, yes  i configured it with nat and i have the private ip on my vm, and i want to access this vm from my lan only, yes i can ssh from my host to that vm, how to configure to access it from my lan ?

• post-author-pic
    parthadeb2004-ae0567db
    12-14-2018

Thanks Ermin, no i dont use the default network, i create a nat switch, can you please suggest "how to change the configuration of the VM for direct connection" or reffer any link ?

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More