RHCE Openstack Course

So how do I install the RHCE Openstack Lab setup for working on the instructions ? it seems to use Red Hat and Subscription, but I am not able to figure out how to do that using the LinuxAcademy Lab servers? Is it not possible ?
  • post-author-pic
    Amy M
    12-10-2018

You will need to use a Red Hat workstation along with subscriptions as shown in the course. There are differences between the downstream (RHOSP) and upstream(TripleO) software but they should be close enough to get you started if you don't have a subscription.

• post-author-pic
    Sudeep B
    12-10-2018

You mean I wont need to specify any Red Hat subscription and it would let me do the "subscription-manager register" without any userid/ password ?

Also the Lab video"Lecture: RHEL7 Workstation Setup with KVM" - mentions the  Server with 28GB RAM, whereas we are limited with 8GB RAM maximum. I am not sure how the instructions align with the Lab availability. I will keep giving you feedback but basically I am doubting anyone used this course to complete the Lab at all ?

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    12-10-2018

If you're using the actual Red Hat products you will need to have the appropriate subscriptions. If you use Open Source alternatives they have their own installation methods. As far as the labs, the course is designed to be installed on local bare metal as more resources are required then the labs can provide and the course does go over this.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More