Eligibility for AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty

I have a question about eligibility to take the certification - AWS Certified BigData - Speciality. Is it mandatory requirement that one should have atleast certified in the following in order to take certification in AWS BigData - Specality?

AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or a current Associate-level certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate

• post-author-pic
    Tosin O
    12-10-2018

Hi, The short answer is no. You can take the certificaiton without any requirements

i believe this link answers the question https://aws.amazon.com/certification/faqs/

In October 2018, we removed pre-requisites to give candidates more flexibility. Candidates are no longer required to have an Associate certification before pursuing Professional certification, and they are no longer required to have Cloud Practitioner or Associate certification before pursuing Specialty certification. We still encourage exam candidates pursue our recommended learning paths as they advance and validate their skills.  

• post-author-pic
    Adrian C
    12-10-2018

Hi

As T Oj said above - it was originally the case that the exam required a 'valid associate cert' as a minimum. This is no longer the case .. BUT ... i would VERY strongly suggest not taking a specialty without first getting a lot of real-world experience or doing an associate level cert (and its associated learning).

The speciality exams are NOT easy ... going in cold will be tough.

/Adrian

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More