Planning a LPIC-2 Exam 1 Campaign.

The study campaign goes like this. One week on each section, 200, 201, 202, etc.  During that week, review video's and reading only on that section. Prioritized with sections that are least familiar. Started with Linux Kernel 201. Next will be Advanced Storage Device Administration 204. That makes the targeted test time late January, early February.  Good luck to me!
  • post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    12-05-2018

GOOD LUCK FRANK!!!!!!!

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    12-08-2018

In the spirit of running this LPIC-2 Exam 1 Campain, managed to map out the sequence of which topics that will be done in that given sequence. Least familiar goes first. So for the past week it has been 201, Kernel. This week coming up will be 204 Advanced Storage Devices. Overall, the Kernel section has been covered pretty well with the video's, self study and notes.  The sequence that was mapped out is: 201, 204, 205, 206, 202, 200, 203. Least familiar to more familiar. Thank you all for the good luck!

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    12-14-2018

I'm ending week 2 of my campaign.  Completed the video's and self study of 204 Advanced Storage Devices. This was raid setup with mdadm, iSCSI, physical volumes, logical volumes, volume groups. Plus the other two items of interest at the end. Over the week I revisited Kernel 201. The command line for interacting with the Kernel is good and familiar. In my campaign, it was setup that I would next do 205 which has to do with networks. Well, 202 System Start Up will be done next. This is a better course of action as it does not jump into networks. Thinking networks will be saved for last. So for this weekend, it will be a wrap up of 204, review 201 and jumping into 202. New order will be: 201, 204, 202, 203, and once 203 is done, we'll re-evaluate.

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    12-23-2018

Ok, it is the end of week three. The topic that was studied was 202 System Start Up, Recovery, Alternate Boot Loaders. There was familiar topics relearned and newly learned topics. Decent notes were taken. It was a short week of learning, so this next week of learning will be another short topic so the previous lessons can be throughly reviewed. Keeping on the plan from last week, 203 File Systems and Devices will be next.  Some of the terminology will be repeated which will help.  There is a lot more study to go.

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    12-28-2018

It is almost the end of week 4. So the next topic will be 206, System Maintenance. This will leave the two longers ones 200 and 205 as the last two topics.  I'll need a full week to review all topics before heading to the testing center.

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    01-08-2019

From the last post until now, week 4 has gone by and 206 (System Maintenace). It was not too  bad as it pertained to information that I'm familiar with, building from source, back up operations, notify users. Yes, 206 went very quick.  So, I continued on with 205, Network Configurations. The online training was done and book homework, plus a few hands on labs. Now I move onto 200, capacity planning.  After capacity planning, I'd be logging on to the LPI site and start looking for a good time to take the test. Planning at least 2 weeks so I can hunker down and review - review - review.

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    01-10-2019

Here it is, one day from the previous post. I've completed all the video lesson's and had taken notes on each topic. I'll begin to take the course quiz over and over to get used to all topics covered. I also have this LPIC-2 Cert Guide (William 'Bo' Rothwell) being used to shadow Linux Academy lessons. I suppose this weekend I'd be logging onto LPI site and checking for exam dates.

• post-author-pic
    Frank C
    01-20-2019

Well, I've somewhat hit a snag. My local testing center does not have any spaces open until March. March is the month when SCALE Southern California Linux Expo is in town. The LPI people will be there so I'll postpone testing until the Expo. In the meantime, this will give me review time for topics I feel weak in.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More