Installation of Magnum on Vsphere

Hi ,
It would be great to know will the Magnum installation steps on Ubuntu is same for a Ubuntu Virtual Machine running on vsphere. I see that you have mentioned that there might be a timeout while the cluster  being created when it is installed as a vm.
Thanks
Raaj
  • post-author-pic
    Amy M
    11-19-2018

Rash,

The Magnum developer documentation has  said in the past it is not recommended to run Magnum installed within Sevstack ion a VM as it is resource heavy. If you can allocate more RAM and vcpus similar to the bare metal machine and  also utilizing  virtualization on virtualization you can give it a shot. I have not heard of anyone trying this setup.

• post-author-pic
    raajkmr7-36907a86
    11-19-2018

Hi Amy,
    Thanks for the reply. Wanted to try this installation on vmware as an alternative to vmware integrated Openstack.
    Raaj

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    11-20-2018

It’s definitely.worth a try!

• post-author-pic
    raajkmr7-36907a86
    11-20-2018

Thanks Amy, I have a query regarding the external access to the Magnum COE Kubernetes cluster. I have created a cluster and created a kube deployment and service. When I create an external load balancer for Kubernetes in order to expose the service to the outside world, I get pending status on the external IP for the loadbalancer. I am also not able to ping the  public IP addresses of the master and minions from outside network. Everything inside the Ubuntu host machine seems to work fine. Thanks in advance.
    Raaj

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    11-21-2018

Raja have you created the appropriate Security Groups? As far as the pending status on the load balancer is there anything in the logs?

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More