Platform for running

Hello,
    I have recently enrolled in this course. I am not sure why I am not able to run all the commands in Windows PowerShell the same way these commands that are run on Linux servers. So, Is there any other alternative: like a virtual Linux command line interface? 
  • post-author-pic
    Michael M
    11-16-2018

Hello, 

We have a feature called instant terminal that might fulfill your needs. 
    To really follow along with the course materials though I suggest that you spin up a server in the cloud playground and then use that server for your practice environment. 

• post-author-pic
    Chad C
    11-17-2018

Hey there! Like Mike said, Instant Terminal would be my first choice to provide you with a "virtual Linux command line interface".

Also, Check out cloud shell which is now generally available in the Azure portal.  The icon is just to the right of the search bar at the top and includes both Powershell and Azure-CLI.  The great thing about cloud shell is that it includes all the packages you need and is already connected to your Azure account. You can even run this on your phone, it's so lightweight.

Give it a try here: 

https://shell.azure.com/

Run this Powershell command to see a list of all of your resources in Azure: 

Get-AzureRmResource

• post-author-pic
    saichandra17
    11-17-2018

Yeah. Thanks a lot. I am using the instant terminal as suggested.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More