Getting Feet Wet

I am going to get myself a laptop for Christmas and install Linux Mint.  I want to work my way up with Linux Certifications.  I already have tutorials on Libre Office from udemy and it's working out fine.  Can't wait to use it so word processing is not an issue. What is the best recommended path of certifications to take for someone who is completely new and will be doing a post graduate in cyber security next summer?
  • post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    11-12-2018

We have a number of courses dealing with cyber security, but I would advise going with LPIC first, which will help you orientate and you will then have the ability to fully control your environment.
    In addition I would not advise using Mint at all. In some regards it might seam more convenient but it has had a lot of security related problems in the past.
    Fedora is a good choice but you will be required to troubleshoot from time to time. Ubuntu is also not bad.

• post-author-pic
    Danon K
    11-12-2018

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.  Fedora and an LPIC  learning path.

• post-author-pic
    Danon K
    11-12-2018

When you say LPIC I am assuming you mean Linux Professional Institute Certifications.  Is that correct?

• post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    11-12-2018

LPIC - Linux Professional Institute Certification

Fedora is really pretty much just like any other distribution, I just tend to prefer it, when you are done with LPIC you will have pretty much full control over it, next step in my opinion are RedHat certifications. Which will work well with Fedora as Fedora is a testing ground for all the new technologies that get implemented into RedHat.

• post-author-pic
    Danon K
    11-18-2018

Thanks.  Going to get a Lenovo Idea Pad.  Any specs you'd like to advise on?  Bearn in mind I am a Joomla developer.  So running amp for me on php 7.0 or above is a must.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More