kubernetes the hard way in CKA exam

I have read that in CKA exam there will be questions related to creating a kubernetes cluster manually not with installers similar to KTHW. I have been going through the KTHW course by will boyd(massive fan of will) . It has been very helpful. But in exam scenario we are only allowed to access kubernetes.io/docs . How are we suppose to get the binaries of control pane components or systemd unit files. All this is not in kubernetes docs. How can we create a cluster manually without access to KTHW docs? How are the scenario questions ? Can anyone please share?  
  • post-author-pic
    Will B
    11-08-2018

You can find that in the Kube docs: https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/release/

For me, the doc does look a little bugged at the moment, but you can get to that page by clicking on the empty space under "Downloading Kubernetes." The files listed there are packaged a little differently, but if you look in the .tar.gz files you will find kubelet, kube-proxy, kube-apiserver and so on.

Good luck on the exam when you take it!

• post-author-pic
    ychetankumarsarma-6ac2c4f3
    12-17-2018

Hey Will, is the location changed? I am not able to find systemd files in kubernetes.io. 

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More