Question related to RHCSA.

Hello all,
I've been working as IT since I was 18 years old. Always based on windows because of the companies I've been working on. I always want to get a certification in LINUX but never had the opportiunity. I have a basic knowladge of linux, I had installed a server and installed some services on the server like samba, ftp, etc. basic stuff, also created and managed some access to the server, but nothing hard-core. Today I discovered Linux Academy and want to prepare to take the RHCSA, but I have a lot of doubts and questions.
1) Do I have to have any other certification related to Linux, like Linux Essentials, before I prepare to take the RHCSA?
2) if so, what is the recommended path in order to accomplish this?
3) I will like to become a RHCE but before this I know I have to complete the RHCSA, so what is the best path to start and accomplish this?
  • post-author-pic
    Ali M
    11-06-2018

Hi  @emartinez34 ,

Good to have you here with us in the community!

Please see below responses:

1) Do I have to have any other certification related to Linux, like Linux Essentials, before I prepare to take the RHCSA? - Nope, there are no pre-requisites to taking RHCSA. 

2) if so, what is the recommended path in order to accomplish this? - Best is to study a lot for RHCSA along with getting physical hands-on experiences.

3) I will like to become a RHCE but before this I know I have to complete the RHCSA, so what is the best path to start and accomplish this? - There are a couple of courses that Linux Academy is offering. Please see below URLs:

RHCSAhttps://linuxacademy.com/cp/modules/view/id/39

RHCEhttps://linuxacademy.com/cp/modules/view/id/50

I am a Linux Academy member just like you, so my opinion is just mine and not in any way representing LA. However, LA's courses are awesome :)

Feel free to ask in case of any questions :)

• post-author-pic
    Stosh O
    11-06-2018

I would second everything Ali said and reiterate that hand on experience is the best way to prepare for the Red Hat exams.

The Linux Academy courses will help provide that experience through Learning Activities and our cloud servers.

Happy studies!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More