GCP Professional Architect Certification update

Hello All,

There seem to be two different course outlines for Professional Architect certification - One before 9th November and one after 9th November. 
Can anyone help me identify what additional topics I need to focus on if I'm taking this exam in end of November ?
Thanks in advance !

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    11-05-2018

Matt Ulasien, author of our Google Cloud Architect Certification courses, is currently lounging on a tropical island somewhere, so here's what he said earlier about this very question:

The main change will be in the case studies (1 getting dropped, the other 3 are re-worded a bit). Otherwise the refreshed exam objectives are in line with the current material other than the refreshed case studies. We will have the updated case study lessons out in time for the refresh.

In the meantime, if you are taking the exam after November 9th, I would recommend reading up on the new case studies on your own, and then cross-reference with our updated case study lessons once the refresh takes place.

Again, though, outside of the case studies, everything else is pretty much the same.

Hope this helps!

• post-author-pic
    Neha B
    11-05-2018

Thanks a lot Joseph.  Looking forward to the updates. 
    I'll take the exam near Christmas time :) 

• post-author-pic
    Joseph L
    11-05-2018

Sounds like the perfect time! Good luck!

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    11-12-2018

I have returned from my tropical island :P. The course content currently reflects the updated exam and case study objectives post-refresh. As we speak, I am putting the finishing touches on the part 3 course practice exam to be up to date as well, expect that to be finished later today.

• post-author-pic
    Neha B
    11-19-2018

Thanks a lot for update Matthew :)

• post-author-pic
    momenton
    11-20-2018

@mattulasien  Just wondering whether the practice exam is now updated with the new (post 9th Nov) content?

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    11-21-2018

It is updated with the refreshed case study content. We are still evaluating what else is new on the refreshed exam.

• post-author-pic
    momenton
    11-21-2018

Thanks  @mattulasien 

• post-author-pic
    Neha B
    11-22-2018

Is there a flag which helps  in identification of new content in already completed courses ? E.g. if something changes in GCP Pro Architect Part 1 course which I've already finished, then how would I know ?

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    11-26-2018

@nehabhardwaj15 , the only course that is updated is the Part 3 course, with the case study lessons and some of the practice exam case study questions being updated. When we do a more thorough refresh, it will be done all at once.

• post-author-pic
    Neha B
    11-28-2018

Thanks Matt.

• post-author-pic
    Narayanan R
    12-18-2018

Hi Matthew,  Great course, thank you.   Have the case studies and practice exam been updated to reflect the refreshed GCP architect exam after Nov 9, 2018?

• post-author-pic
    Narayanan R
    01-11-2019

Passed the GCP Architect Exam today!!  Thank you Matthew!!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More