Help !!!!!! Want to learn Ansible

Guys , i did not get a job because i am not familiar with any  automation tools , so i decided to start with ansible . Hope this is a good choice .
Feel free to advice  if i am on the right path .

Thanks
  • post-author-pic
    Ali M
    11-01-2018

Hi Ezechias,

Yes, Ansible is a good choice. However, I would like to add that it is not the only once. Their are different phases in DevOps and tools to facilitate DevOps culture. You will always end up using different automation tools for different purposes. Would like to recommend you to learn the following at your own pace:

1. Ansible
    2. Puppet
    3. Docker
    4. Jenkins
    5. Kubernetes
    6. ELKB

Feel free to ask in case of any questions :)

• post-author-pic
    Mike C
    11-01-2018

I think you forgot Chef :)

• post-author-pic
    Victor C
    11-01-2018

and Salt :)

• post-author-pic
    Michael M
    11-01-2018

Ansible is now owned by IBM :)   I also recommend SaltStack.   You can use it like ansible in ssh mode also to bootstrap minions,  and has Grains, Pillars and States--which is the most heavy metal terminology as well (compare with "playbooks" and "recipe").

• post-author-pic
    Ezechias L
    11-01-2018

Thanks Guys , Starting  today and already understand the core components of ansible .. I will keep on studying ..and practice .. 

Thanlks a lot Linux Academy for this school

• post-author-pic
    Lucas R
    11-01-2018

Ansible is a great place to start, and the Linux Academy course will teach all the basics and even enough advanced topics to get you well on your way.

• post-author-pic
    Michael M
    11-02-2018

Once you get the Pillar concept you will get the job :) and understand the Helm file at a glance.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More