use cases - nfs server - first run. issue

I did this lesson.  It ran successful according to Ansible output.  But the goal did not complete.  It did not mount the nfs share from the remote server onto the control server.  I tried to mount it manually and same issue.  Complains about permissions from remote server even though I changed the shared folder to 755 mode. Actual lesson name is in the use cases section "Creating a NFS Server Deployment - Playbook First Pass"

Please help. Thanks!

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    10-30-2018

Actual lesson name is, uder the use cases section "Creating a NFS Server Deployment - Playbook FIrst Pass"

• post-author-pic
    Stosh O
    11-05-2018

Hi there,

Can you run `showmount -e <remote-server-hostname>` from your control server and tell me what is returns?

Also, what does your exports template file look like?

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    11-05-2018

showmount -e tgalasso3.mylabserver.com

Export list for tgalasso3.mylabserver.com:
    /var/share tgalasso1.mylabserver.com

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    11-05-2018

cat /etc/exports  (on tgalasso3.mylabserver.com)

/var/share tgalasso1.mylabserver.com(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    11-05-2018

After playbook ran OK and i saw that the it did not mount I ran manuelly and this is error i get..

"mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting tgalasso3.mylabserver.com:/var/share"

• post-author-pic
    Stosh O
    11-05-2018

Out of curiousity, if you let the playbook run (and fail), have you tried restarting the nfs-server daemon and seeing if you can mount?

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    11-06-2018

I just tried that and no good.  I even wen down the order of the playbook and verided every step happened and it did minus the actual NFS mount on control server.    I even restarted all the services on both and each time tried to mount it manuelly and no good.   Keep getting error "mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting tgalasso3.mylabserver.com:/var/share"   Im guessing a step was missed from the lesson due to the it possibly beign out of date,  I guessing that because the current name of the nfs libs package was different than what the instructor said it was on the lesson which i figured out on my own.  Or it may be some security setting on the remote server end that needs to be configured and disabled or maybe a new sevice needs to be included on this that was missed?   

• post-author-pic
    Stosh O
    11-06-2018

Yeah, trying to mount with nfsv3 had crossed my mind but there is nothing offhand that would make me thing that is necessary.  You might try temporarily disabling selinux as I don't believe /var/sahre has default contexts friendly to NFS.

• post-author-pic
    Ted G
    11-07-2018

I tried disabling SELinux on both servers. Even changed permissions on /var/share to 777.  Restarted services.  Still no good.   I assume that these Cloud servers get their ips from DHCP?   Wondering if that might be issue as it says you really should have static ips for NFS to work although the Instructor on the video did not seem to have a problem and he was using the cloud servers.   

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More