Exercise: View and Export Billing Data Google Certified Professio

SELECT product, resource_type, start_time, end_time,  
cost, project_id, project_name, project_labels_key, currency, currency_conversion_rate,
usage_amount, usage_unit
FROM [cloud-training-prod-bucket:arch_infra.billing_data]
WHERE ([cloud-training-prod-bucket:arch_infra.billing_data.cost] > 3)

yields
Syntax error: Unexpected "[" at [4:6]. If this is a table identifier, escape the name with `, e.g. `table.name` rather than [table.name]

also tried ' but that then interprets as literal string , couldn't get any of the canned queries to work - and I'm generlly ok with sql.

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    10-24-2018

Hi William, this should be fixed now, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. When we created this exercise, BigQuery defaulted to use Legacy SQL format (if you clicked More - Query Settings - Legacy SQL, it would have worked as usual). Since then, BigQuery switched to using Standard SQL format by default, which made the above queries not work.

I've modified the exercise to use Standard SQL format which will be recognized as valid by default, and it should be good to go now. Thanks for the heads up.

• post-author-pic
    William D
    10-24-2018

Cool, I was kind of on that trail appreciate it... quick question,  I don't seem to see anything in the course that covers Google Cloud Functions - is that by design?  Is it something  I will need to know for the exam?

Thanks again
    Bill

• post-author-pic
    Matthew U
    10-24-2018

Cloud Functions was in beta when the course was created. We do have a Cloud Functions deep dive coming out in the near future, so keep an eye out for it. Regarding the exam, you should only need to know what Cloud Functions does at a high level.

• post-author-pic
    William D
    10-24-2018

Thanks!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More