Docker not installed

In the demos, the instructor is able to quickly run a vagrantfile with docker. I get told that it's not available or not in the path. So I installed it with yum, and then I'm told that other things are missing. Unable to get anywhere. If we need to know how to install docker before doing the Vagrant section, why not address Docker first? I feel like I'm running blind from minute one, with the instructor rushing ahead on an (obviously) pre-configured system and me left to try to figure out on my own which pieces are missing and how to find or install them. Which sort of defeats the purpose of paying for a course. Might as well just work through free online tutorials.
  • post-author-pic
    Travis T
    10-16-2018

The cloud server image that is being used is the Docker Certified Distribution. Which has Docker already installed and why I don't install it.

• post-author-pic
    Travis T
    10-16-2018

To eliminate any confusion, I’m going to update the video explaining that this is an advanced course and that there are certain assumptions that are being made. I do go over some of this in the about this course video but if it gets skipped you would not be made aware. If you are new to Docker I highly recommend that you either take the Docker Deep Dive or the Docker Certified Associate Prep Course first. I’m sorry for the confusion.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More