Tools reference

Hi Ermin, I'm using your course to prepare for exam and I think it's great stuff but I think a reference doc of main tools for each phase and a cheat sheet of nmap, ncat, hping2 parameters would be great. Wireshark filter syntax and snort alerts would be great too. 
Best Regards
  • post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    10-08-2018

Hello Manuel, a lot of what you have mentioned makes sense, and we can make plans for course updates, but I am pretty sure that a lot of will be included in the next Kali course that is coming.  That being said, knowledge of wireshark and CLI are one of the prerequisites for the CEH course. Also keep in mind that if you need help or if you get stuck, you can always reach me via community slack in the security channel or here and I  will help you in any way that I can, offering additional explanations if needed, going over the exam, whatever you need. I am here to help!

• post-author-pic
    Manuel A
    10-08-2018

Hello Ermin, thanks a lot for the fast answer. It's just for the sake of completeness because some tool questions use to appear in the exam. By the way, I'm taking  it on Thursday, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

• post-author-pic
    Ermin K
    10-08-2018

Good luck! Make sure to read the course prerequisites!

• post-author-pic
    Manuel A
    10-11-2018

Passed!!

• post-author-pic
    Chad C
    10-12-2018

Congrats Manuel! 

• post-author-pic
    chrism1548
    10-26-2018

Congrats Manuel!