Can vpn be done with DDNS?

in this course, Active Directory and Amazon Web Services, I'm wondering if you could show how its possible to do this with DDNS?

• post-author-pic
    Derek M
    10-04-2018

That's a slightly older course, which piece are you attempting to do using DDNS? Depending on the software you use for VPN, DDNS will work fine, but if you are trying to setup a Customer Gateway using AWS' hosted VPN service, you must use an IP address. 

• post-author-pic
    Andrew G
    10-05-2018

The part would be where we connect the centos instance on site to aws active directory via the vpn.  I guess it interests me if it would be possible to use DDNS in this instance if you have ip adresses changing all the time due to your internet plan, DDNS could be a solution.

• post-author-pic
    Derek M
    10-05-2018

It all depends on the VPN software you choose. Some support DNS names as an endpoint while some require IP addresses. The preferred method in an enterprise is obviously static iP, so many VPNs don't support DNS since static IPs are ubiquitous in enterprise. It looks as though OpenVPN supports DDNS, but I haven't deployed it myself. 

• post-author-pic
    Andrew G
    10-06-2018

ok thanks Derek for the pointer.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More