Questions about Linux+/LPIC-1

Hello, I just finished the LPIC-1 Exam 1 course (haven't taken the final practice test yet). I read somewhere that the LPI will give credit for passing the Linux+ exams and if you pass the Linux+ certification, the LPI will give you the LPIC-1 certification. Does anyone know if this still true? I took the Linux Essentials certification through LPI and haven't done anything with CompTIA yet and wondering what is the best way to go about this, to achieve both certifications? Has anyone done this and would care share some advice? Thanks!

• post-author-pic
    Cameron K
    09-19-2018

I've done this and it should still be true. Linux+ is "powered by LPI" and on their site https://www.lpi.org/about-lpi/frequently-asked-questions, it says you will automatically receive an email after 48 hours of issuance from comptia. I had to go in and do mine manually but it was as easy as signing in to the lpi site and looking through the control panel for an option to input my linux+ credentials.

• post-author-pic
    Michael K
    09-19-2018

Thank you, Cameron. I haven't tried anything with compTIA yet, so I guess, I will go over and take a further look, I think it was similar to LPI in that I need to join there too.

• post-author-pic
    Sean G
    09-19-2018

It is still true for now, it's not changing until next year when CompTIA has a new Linux+ exam coming out. I think April.

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More