Multi-node Openstack

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to deploy Openstack on multi-node servers. For example, if I have 3 physical servers and want to have a cluster of openstack. Can anyone share any good material to help me with that? I've found many on internet but some of them don't explain very well.
Also, can you have 3 nodes exactly the same ? Working as compute node, storage and controller ?

Thanks
  • post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-06-2018

What method are you using to deploy?

• post-author-pic
    Adonis M
    09-10-2018

Packstack for now.

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-10-2018

So in your answers.txt file you would add the IPs for the multiple machines like as follows:CONFIG_NOVA_COMPUTE_HOSTS=10.15.0.2,10.15.0.8

• post-author-pic
    Adonis M
    09-10-2018

Is it a problem to have storage, network and compute in the same node ? For example, having 3 nodes with all those features ? Do I need to configure passwordless ssh access between the machine before packstack to make sure it can connect to those hosts and add them to openstack?

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-10-2018

You will need passwordless ssh between the servers, network should be on the controller if you're combining with some aspects on the compute. You can have storage on a shared node.

• post-author-pic
    Adonis M
    09-11-2018

That's great. Thank you for that Amy!

• post-author-pic
    Adonis M
    09-11-2018

That worked like a charm! Thank you for the help. I managed to create a 3 node one having all the features and being the controller and the other 2 with compute, networking and storage.

• post-author-pic
    Amy M
    09-11-2018

Glad to here!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More