My Career Path

It’s strange,

I’ve been fascinated with computers since I was a kid, been working in IT most of my career, am almost 60 and just discovered what I want to do with my IT life. I don’t believe it’s taken me 20 years to figure it out but I really want to be a Cyber Security Expert and do my best to protect the public. Am I Crazy??? Because I’m getting into the game a bit late not sure I have enough gas left in the tank to get to my destination but I really hope I can capitalize on the really great resources on Linux Academy to achieve my goal, and of course any help from my IT colleague’s her at the Academy would be really great. I’ve completed the Linux Essentials Course which was a good starting point and now I’m going to attempt to get my RHCSA cert and then we’ll see if I can make it the rest of the way.

TNX In Advance

Marty

• post-author-pic
    Terrence C
    08-30-2018

Hello!

First - welcome aboard!

Second, as a 'old salt' in IT myself, glad to hear you found your calling. You have plenty of gas left in the tank and we can help fill it.

We are actually working on a NUMBER of security related courses, including the Certified Ethical Hacker which we will be announcing the release of in the next couple of weeks as it completes.

Going forward, we will be covering the CompTIA security certifications, some DevSecOps material and even Kali Linux, so stay tuned, things are about to get interesting!

• post-author-pic
    Adrian C
    08-30-2018

Marty, it's NEVER too late to start something. While you can learn and while you can move you can add value. 60 is the new 50 my friend :)

• post-author-pic
    Michael M
    08-31-2018

maybe you could protect the young folk from themselves,  as they install dubious 3rd party hacks on their phones just to enhance their pokemon go experience... (or I should say protect their parents).  It's really niantics fault for their crappy game play,  no it's apple's fault... need to educate the public.

• post-author-pic
    Bob S
    08-31-2018

It's never too late Marty. Especially if it's something you enjoy and have a passion for. We're all here to help you in any way we can, just let us know !!! 

• post-author-pic
    Eric F
    08-31-2018

Its never to late especially when you are interested in the field. The Cyber Security field is really hot right now.  Many public sector organizations like state government and universities can't fill security positions due to the high pay in the private sector. Good luck in your new career path!

Looking For Team Training?

Learn More