Time required: 1 Hours
You need to have completed the following hands-on labs:
The objectives of this lab is to get you familiar with how to use Hiera.
In this lab, you configure and use Hiera to set the pools for NTP use.
1. Edit /etc/hosts
2. Set SELinux to permissive.
3. Install the Puppet master.
4. Configure your agent node.
5. Clone your profiles module.
6. Clone your roles module.
7. Clone your NTP module.
8. Configure Hiera.
9. Create a hiera data for ntp_servers in common.yaml.
10. Use the hiera command line tool to test your configuration.
11. Test against your node by executing a Puppet run against the master.